every day dental care
How to Care For Your Teeth Every Day
Proper oral hygiene is crucial to maintaining dental health and avoiding severe dental problems down the road. Dental care can get quite costly if you let your dental care go, so the best investment in your smile is to take care of your teeth properly every day and visit your dentist regularly.
At Hawksburn Village Dental, we believe in preventive care big time! It makes our job easier and keeps you healthier.
Are You Looking After Your Teeth?
Healthy teeth are vital for your overall health.
How often and how well you brush your teeth is one of the most critical factor in keeping your teeth healthy. Brushing well helps prevent cavities and reduces your risk of gum disease. So, is there a right way to brush your teeth? Let’s clear this up once and for all.
Yes, there is a right way to clean your teeth. The goal of brushing is to remove all the bacteria and plaque that can cause tooth decay and gum disease. To achieve this, you have to brush thoroughly until you have covered all of your teeth. Here are some quick tips about how to brush your teeth properly:
- Use a brush that has soft bristles and can reach all the corners in your mouth. Brushes with hard bristles might irritate your gums and damage your teeth.
- Start at the upper right corner of your mouth and work your way around. Hole your brush at a 45-degree angle to your gums, with bristles pointing toward the area you are brushing. Always brush in a circular motion!
- Make sure that you brush all three sides of every tooth – the chewing surface, the cheek side, and the tongue side.
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue. Your tongue is rife with bacteria, so make sure to scrub it every time you brush your teeth.
- If you are not spending two to three minutes to brush your teeth, you need to be more thorough.
- Brush after every meal or at least twice a day – in the morning and before you go to bed.
- Change your toothbrush every three to four months.
Even if you brush regularly and take care of your teeth, cavities and other dental health problems can still arise. With that in mind, it is equally important to schedule regular routine checkups with your dentist. Doing so helps Hawksburn Village Dental provide the best possible dental care and can also help minimise the costs of your treatment. If you want to keep your teeth healthy, schedule your routine checkup at Hawksburn Village Dental today!
Proudly Serving Toorak Residents
Toorak is an affluent inner suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, located 5kms south-east of Melbourne’s CBD. The suburb’s main street is considered to be Toorak Road, in which the commercial area of Toorak Village is located. Hawksburn Village Dental has been serving the Toorak area for over 20 years and has become a leading dentist in the suburb.
BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT ONLINE
Preventive dental care helps you avoid a range of complications and dental health issues in the future and keep your smile beautiful and healthy. If you have dental health problems, there's no time to waste. Hawksburn Village Dental welcomes all new and returning South Yarra dental patients with a smile.
Booking with Hawksburn Village Dental has never been easier with our online booking system. Select the available time slot that best suits your schedule and choose the type of appointment you need. Then, enter your contact information and click “Book Now”. That’s it!
Our practice is located in Toorak and our convenient location provides quick and easy access to nearby public transport hubs, free street parking, a nearby pharmacy, and a radiology and pathology lab. A trip to Hawksburn Village Dental is a painless experience in all the ways that matter, not just your teeth.